Laser Hair Removal
If you're not happy with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be an option worth considering.
Our Motus AY Laser system is the gold standard for painless hair removal technology. It uses an intensely concentrated beam of light (unlike IPL treatments) and a series of high-repetition pulses to increase the temperature of the hair follicle and the surrounding tissue to ensure that the hair is destroyed at the source. It takes a couple weeks, but those targeted hairs do eventually shed away on their own.
The next time hair grows back it's finer, thinner, and lighter. With each subsequent treatment, less and less hair continues to grow back until eventually, hair stops growing back at all. Laser hair removal can drastically reduce hair growth in almost all areas, including your legs, arms, underarms, stomach, back, and neck, to name a few.
Let our advanced hair removal technology help you gain confidence over your skin by treating unwanted hair almost anywhere on the body, including the legs, arms, face, bikini area, underarms, chest and back. Unwanted hair growth will be reduced to the point that other hair removal methods are rarely needed.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL FAQS
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
If receiving laser hair removal treatments for the first time, 6 to 8 treatments are recommended for optimal results. Because all hair is not in the same stage of growth at any given time, several laser treatments, usually between 6 and 8 treatments, spaced 4 to 8 weeks apart, are necessary for optimal results.
To some extent, the length of treatment depends on the texture of the patient's hair, and the location from which it is being removed. Results are unique to each individual. Typically 6-12 treatments are recommended, but it may be more or less. Although laser hair removal is permanent, in some cases, it's possible to have new hair growth.
DOES IT HURT AND WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE?
Sona Dermatology proudly offers Motus AY technology for hair reduction. One of the major benefits of the Motus AY, is that the Moveo technology eliminates the discomfort of typical laser hair removal. Most people only feel a warming sensation making the experience a highly comfortable one and virtually pain-free.
IS YOUR LASER SAFE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES?
One of the breakthrough benefits of the Motus AY is that it is safe and effective for all skin types. Whether you have fine, light hair or a darker skin tone, the Motus AY can be used to target and permanently remove unwanted hair. Darker hair responds best to laser hair removal. Lighter-colored hair is least responsive.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO COME IN FOR TREATMENTS?
Because all hair is not in the same stage of growth at any given time, several laser treatments, typically spaced 4 to 8 weeks apart, are necessary.
WHAT MACHINE DO YOU USE?
Sona Dermatology proudly offers Motus AY technology for hair reduction. Motus AY is unlike any other hair removal system in the world, offering unprecedented power, speed, versatility, and coverage rate. It is the first Nd:YAG and Alexandrite laser system that makes it possible for even darker skin types to benefit from the effectiveness of this laser type.
This breakthrough is possible because of Moveo technology — a handpiece that delivers fast, more efficient energy to destroy the hair in a way that is painless and free from side-effects.
Here are the important facts you need to know about our Motus AY laser:
- Faster Hair Removal
- Fewer Treatments compared to typical laser hair removal
- Treat Light & Dark Skin-types
- More Comfortable Treatments
- Vascular and Pigment Treatment Options
CAN I SHAVE IN BETWEEN TREATMENTS?
Yes, you can shave between treatments. The only time we require you to shave is 24-48 hours before your appointment. We ask that you wait a few days after your treatment before shaving to avoid any irritation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
- Comfort: Never get razor burn, or ingrown hairs again
- Fast treatments: Our hair removal lasers have the largest spot size to enable the treatment of several hair follicles at once. This makes for an efficient, fast, treatment.
- Money Savings: Laser Hair removal has an upfront cost, but once you’ve has your hair removed, its permanent. That means you will save in the long term since you’ll no longer be paying for waxing, razors, or shaving gel.
- Targets all locations: You can do laser hair removal on any region of the body. We’ve got you covered whether its armpits, bikini area or buttocks, you can count on us to make sure you get rid of any unwanted hair.
WHAT ARE THE PRE-TREATMENT AND POST-TREATMENT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Two weeks prior to treatment, discontinue using all alpha hydroxyl acid products (those containing glycolic or lactic acid), salicylic acid products, retinoids (Retin A, Renova, Differin, and Tazorac) and other topical acne medications such as benzoyl peroxide. If in doubt about using any product, please discontinue it and discuss with us at your appointment. No antibiotics and/or any photosensitive medications may be used during the time of treatment.
- Do not have Botox injections, dermal filler injections, chemical peels or microdermabrasion in the treatment area for at least 14 days before laser hair removal.
- Shave the treatment area 1 or 2 days before laser hair removal.
- Laser treatments are not recommended for tanned patients until the tan has faded. Sun exposure must be avoided between treatments for a minimum of four weeks before treatments. This includes sun exposure and tanning booths. Artificial tanning products must be discontinued two weeks prior to treatments. Be sure to avoid tanning or sunless tanners and to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen for up to six weeks prior to treatment. Patients are instructed to avoid sun exposure and to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 30 between treatments.
- Do not pluck, wax or tweeze treatment areas throughout the course of your laser treatments.
- Patients with a history of herpes should be take an oral antiviral medication (Zovirax or Famvir) the day before treatment. Laser heat can trigger and/or reactivate the virus in the same way as sun, stress, and fever. Consult with your physician if you need a prescription.
- At the time of treatment, laser protective glasses MUST be worn.
- Redness and swelling of the follicles/tissue may appear and can remain for 15 minutes up to few hours.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treatment area, and do not use UV tanning beds at all for three weeks after treatment. Use a broad-spectrum sunblock with an SPF of 30 or above on a daily basis (rain or shine).
- DO NOT TOUCH, RUB, and SCRATCH OR PICK the treated area.
- Cleanse the area treated gently. The treated area may be washed gently with a mild soap. Skin should be patted dry & not rubbed during the first 48 hours.
- No makeup & lotion/moisturizer/deodorant for the first 24 hours. Keep the treated area clean & dry, if further redness or irritation persists, skip your makeup & moisturizer, & deodorant (for underarms) until the irritation has subsided.
- Dead hairs will begin to shed 5-30 days after your treatment. Stubble, representing dead hair being shed from the hair follicle, will appear within 5-30 days from the treatment date. that is normal & they will fall out quickly.
- Exfoliate to speed up hair shedding. Anywhere from 5-30 days after the treatment, shedding of the hair may occur & this may appear as new hair growth. It is not new hair growth, but the dead hair pushing its way out of the follicle.
- It is imperative that you avoid excessive heat in the treatment area, such as hot tubs, saunas or working out for 24 hours after laser hair removal treatment.
- Do not use any topical products that cause photosensitivity (e.g. hydroxy acids, salicylic acid, retinols, and benzoyl peroxide) in the treatment areas for three days after treatment. Use a gentle cleanser and lotion on treated areas.
- Do not have Botox injections, dermal filler injections, chemical peels or microdermabrasion in the treatment area for at least 14 days after laser hair removal.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The cost is based on a package of 6 sessions and the area you want treated, it can range from $1100-$3500. Please see here for more pricing information. Single treatments can be purchased, however, a consultation will still be required to ensure you receive your desired results.
Motus AY Technology Laser Hair Removal
HOW DOES MOTUS AY HAIR REMOVAL WORK?
At the core, laser hair removal works by emitting highly-concentrated beams of light into hair follicles, which destroys the hair. Most laser hair removal treatments utilize the Alexandrite laser, which is particularly effective in removing fine or light hair, but which doesn’t work well on darker skin types. Thanks to its Moveo technology, this Motus AY laser handpiece delivers more efficient energy to remove hair in a painless way for a wider spectrum of skin shades.
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
We offer complimentary consulatations to determine if laser hair removal is the right treatment for you. This is a great treatment for anyone who is interested in removing unwanted hair from areas such as the underarms, legs or face. Because of the breakthrough technology, more and more people with darker skin tones are eligible for Motus AY treatment.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM MOTUS AY?
With its proprietary sapphire-tipped handpiece, Motus AY eliminates the typical discomfort of conventional hair removal lasers. It is also more efficient than other lasers and can treat a relatively large areas much faster than typical laser hair removal technology. Your personalized treatment plan will include several sessions spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart, then follow-up sessions when needed after that.
Connect With Us!